Savannah, Georgia Climate & Temperature
- Savannah, Georgia, Usa is at 32°7'N, 81°12'W, 15 m (49 ft). See map.
- Savannah, Georgia has a humid subtropical climate that is mild with no dry season, constantly moist (year-round rainfall). Summers are hot and muggy with thunderstorms. Winters are mild with precipitation from mid-latitude cyclones. Seasonality is moderate. (Köppen-Geiger classification: Cfa).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Savannah, Georgia is situated in or near the subtropical moist forest biome.
- The annual average temperature is 19.1 degrees Celsius (66.4 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 18.3 °C (32.9°F). This indicates that the continentality type is oceanic, subtype semicontinental.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach 16.4°C (61.5°F) on average falling to 4.5°C (40.1°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 25.1°C (77.2°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of 12.9°C (55.3°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 32.2°C (89.9°F) and average low temperatures are 21.8°C (71.2°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 25.3°C (77.6°F) during the day and lows of 14.2°C (57.6°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 1250.3 mm (49.2 inches) which is equivalent to 1250.3 Litres/m² (30.67 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 2842 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Savannah, Georgia you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Geraldton, Western Australia, Australia where you would find a Mediterranean climate (Subtropical thorn woodland biome).
Savannah, Georgia Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Savannah, Georgia Climate Graph in Metric Units
Savannah, Georgia Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Savannah, Georgia, Usa Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Topic: Climate of Savannah, Georgia, Usa
Page 1 of 1
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Augusta, Ga, Usa - 154.8 kms (96.2 miles) NNW
- Blackville , Sc, Usa - 136.3 kms (84.7 miles) N
- Millen, Ga, Usa - 102.5 kms (63.7 miles) NW
- Eastmanw, Ga, Usa - 170.3 kms (105.8 miles) W
- Waycrosse, Ga, Usa - 149.6 kms (93 miles) SW
- Fernandina Beach, Fl, Usa - 164.6 kms (102.3 miles) S
- Jacksonville, Florida, Usa - 189.5 kms (117.7 miles) SSW